Excellence in Education Since 1889
Please note that a significant amount of student records were destroyed during
the civil war. It is hereby recommended that you contact the records office at firstname.lastname@example.org to
determine that your records exist before paying for them.
There will be NO refund, should you not verify before going through the payment process.
To Sponsor a
are three ways that sponsors or parents can pay the fees in the
Through any branch of a Bank of America branch in the
The parent or sponsor has to know the amount to be deposited. The sponsors or parent must write on the deposit slip the student name and ID number (as this is how Cuttington knows which student account to credit).
The deposit receipt is your receipt of payment, should you have to refer to this again.
You can use your credit card to make payment here in a secure process. Please note to indicate Student Name and ID Number for clarity!!!
To pay through
credit/debit card, Click "Payment Information" at the left pane. On
the welcome to PayPal Page, click "Donate" to use the appropriate
card for payment. Payment may be made by sending money through
this method, payment can only be made to the student, -not Cuttington or
Friends of Cuttington, and the student must present proper ID to pick up the
money. Then s/he has to pay that to Cuttington, and get a receipt from
Cuttington. Money Gram also operates in
Friends of Cuttington no longer have staff who can receive tuition payments as in the past. But Friends still operates as a fund-raising operation for Cuttington in the
can be made by check to the New York Office.
Friends of Cuttington
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES OF THE ANGLICAN COMMUNION
All other communications should be directed to:
Friends of Cuttington
Tel: (862) 244 4174
|The primary mission of Cuttington University is to fulfill the paramount mission of higher education which is to serve the human person and society.|
Cuttington is dedicated to this mission by offering all students an
intensive educational experience in liberal arts tradition: natural
sciences, theology, agriculture and rural development, social sciences,
education, health sciences, humanities and research.
The curriculum takes into account modern advances in new information technology and applications, striving to produce highly qualified graduates of strong moral fiber, who exemplify a commitment to the betterment of society and abiding faith in God. Cuttington is committed to the enhancement of life in the surrounding communities through a comprehensive service-learning program.
|Cuttington University’s goals include the following:|
§ Reaching out to communities in all areas specializations
§ Striving towards self-reliance
§ Student center approach in all issues
§ Striving towards academic excellence at all levels: certificate, diploma, degree and post graduate
§ Diverse faculty and student exchange programs
§ Faculty development especially in African Universities
§ Establishing reliable revenue sources
§ Increasing enrollment
§ Establishing campuses in other parts of Liberia
§ Expanding academic programs according to national needs, at the same maintaining the highest quality in instruction
Cuttington Main Campus is situated at Suakoko in the center of Bong
County, 120 miles north west of Monrovia, The campus covered 1,500 acres
most of which is devoted to agriculture research and farming. The
University is seven miles from Gbarnga, the capital of Bong County. It
can be reached in 3 hours from Monrovia by car or in less than fifty
minutes by air.
Since it is located in the center of the country, it is equally accessible to students from all parts of Liberia. Phebe hospital, which is jointly operated by the Lutheran, Methodist, and Episcopal Churches and the Republic of Liberia , is one and a half mile s from the Cuttington Campus.
|BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS|
|The University is housed in several buildings, which are all concrete block structures with modern equipment and facilities.|
|The Joseph F. Dunbar Hall, named for a Liberian Principal of the old Cuttington, is the main classroom building for the social science, education, nursing and humanities classes. It also houses the computer lab and Internet facilities for the students.|
|The G. W. Gibson Science Building , erected in 1956, was named for the distinguished Episcopal clergyman and Minister of Education. It contains lecture rooms laboratories, and faculty offices.|
|The Kennedy Science Building was built in 1965 through the aid of the Liberian Government and United States Agency for International Development. It houses the Biology and Physics laboratory and several classrooms.|
|Valentine Hall was the first Dormitory built on the campus. It was completed in 1949 and continues to serve as a residence for male students. It is named in honor of Professor M. P. K. Valentine, a principal of the old Cuttington militia and the first Liberian to be president of Cuttington.|
|The Margaret Sherman Dormitory, which was built in 1954 and used to house nursing students, was burnt down in 1994 during the civil crisis. In 1958 an adjacent structure was completed and named Cassell Hall. It is also used to house senior students. Cassell Hall is named after Clara Agnes Cassell, a leading churchwoman and wife of an outstanding priest of the Episcopal Church.|
|Gardiner Hall was built in 1961 and serves as a men’s dormitory. It is named for Rt. Rev. Theophilus Gardiner, son of a Moslem, who became suffragran Bishop of Liberia.|
|In the past, Harris Hall, constructed in 1965, also served as residence for female students. In 1977 it was converted to a men’s residence hall.|
Rally Hall, a women’s dormitory, was built in 1975 with funds donated by President Tolbert’s National Fund Raising Rally. The dormitory houses over 200 female students.
|When a new dining hall was completed in 1965 the old hall was closed and forgotten until the Peace Corps selected Cuttington as training for new volunteers. The University then remolded the building to serve as training site for during vacation times and as a dormitory during the school year. The building was named “Peace Corps Dormitory.”|
|Cummings Hall, which formally served as the library, now contains faculty offices for the College of Education, Humanities and Social Science, Nursing and Theology.|
|A Science and Technology Center was constructed in 1984 through the assistance of the American Schools and Hospitals Abroad Program (ASHA), a program of the United States Agency for International Development. The center contains six classrooms, an amphitheater, twelve faculty offices, five chemistry laboratories, seminar room, lounge, library, preparation room and other auxiliary rooms.|
|Ferndun Alumni Hall, once a dream of the Cuttington University Faculty, Staff and Alumni, is named after three of Cuttington’s outstanding alumni, two of whom served as President of the Alumni Association: William Fernandez and Cecil Dundas. William Fernandez, commonly called “Bill” by many, graduated in 1968. He served as National President of the Alumni Association for three years. He and his wife, Jerusha Holder- Fernandez, also an alumna, met their tragic death en route to Cuttington University to bring message on behalf of the Alumni Association at the 1975 Cuttington University graduation program|
|Cecil Dundas graduated in 1964. He also served as President of the Alumni Association. He died in Monrovia in 1983. In memory of the Fernandezes and Dundas , the Guest House is thus named Ferndun Hall.|
Ferndun Hall was constructed to help meet lodging, food and
entertainment needs of Cuttington’s many guests.
Funds generated from the service charges were used to maintain the building and to construct additions as needed before the outbreak of the civil war which left it devastated. Plans are underway to renovate the building, which has four rooms each with a bath and kitchen facilities, a living room and a large meeting hall that can accommodate up to 150 persons at one function, and make it functional again.
|OTHER CAMPUS BUILDINGS|
|The Administration Building was completed in 1966; it houses the offices of the University President, the Vice Presidents for Administration and Academic Affairs and other administrative offices.|
|In addition to the “academic” buildings, the campus contains a number of modern, comfortable buildings for the faculty and staff and plans are underway for additional faculty and staff housing.|
|Cuttington’s plans for expansion and development with respect to the capital stock: include dormitories, faculty housing, laboratories, classrooms, all of which are needed to keep pace with the demands been placed on Cuttington as a result of the growing population and need for qualified and trained people for Liberia and Africa.|
|For example, to accommodate the increasing enrollment, which stands at 1,545 students presently, two new dormitories (one for males and another for females) have been completed to be occupied by Semester I, 2006/07.|